mardi, avril 19, 2005

I have a dirty little secret.

I listened to religious radio, and I liked it.

I can't decide which is more freaky, the first part or the second.

...

Definitely the second.

It's freaking. me. out.

!!!!

I can't say I felt cleansed, per se. In fact, I felt sort of mushy. Dulled. Watered down. Like I'd be prone to G-rated words and to see the good in everything, rather than visiting the scourge of my cynicism upon unsuspecting, crappy companies, politicians, co-workers, foods, e-mail systems, tape recorders, Arizona, Evil Fat Mirrors, and corporations that plot to deny you god-given, inaliable software.

Sucky.

The whole experience has left me somewhat shaken. The pillars of my faith in cynicism rest on believing that religious types are freaky, naive dupes. I can't find solace in religion! I'm too aware for that! Too self-sufficient! Too cynical! It goes against everything I believe!

...Does this mean I'm in danger of becoming Republican too? There's a red bump hehind my knee. Has it broken out already?

And a Christian station, of all things. I've just spent the last three years of my life soaking up all the wholesome yelling-across-house, pandemonium-at-dinner-table, you-paid-how-much? goodness of Russian Jewish culture!

But this brings up another question.

Would I find solace at a synagogue, as well? Is there actually spiritual guidance that would aid me in my daily life and decision-making?

No! No! I refuse to believe that I need religion!

This is a major crisis.

I cannot tell you how much of a curse it is to be tolerant. I am cursed!, I tell you, with the ability to understand and sympathize with others' viewpoints. This, however, is a viewpoint I could have stood not understanding. Cleaving to. Appreciating. Liking.

Ugh.

But just the thought, for a moment, that there is a community of people out there, who believe in holy words, who strive to do good in the world, to learn and to do good for others, and that there are people who can tell me about it every day in a way that relates to my life, to the betterment of myself!--is vastly frightening.

I'm going to go online and see what dirt I can dig up about this David Jeremiah character.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sylvana said...

Cults will give you that same feeling, too.
You know, I was listening to G.W.Bush right after he took office the first go-round, and I found that he actually made sense. That's when I took two chop sticks and rammed them in my ears so that I could never be seduced by such evil things again.

4:04 AM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home

This site is registered with Blogarama.